What is the difference between Scubapro and Halcyon regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halcyon regs are absolutly top-notch. They ARE Scubapro regs priced slightly less in the US than Scubapro. The H50D is the mk17, the k75p is the mk25. the halo is the g250v, etc. I own a halo and I love it.

Designer was obviously a Pixar fan....

upload_2020-8-6_12-12-14.png
=
CaptureHALO.JPG

Where is the machining factory?
In Casarza Ligure, near Sestri Levante. 40 km from Genoa.
I was trained there for servicing SP regs in 1978...

Other than its ugliness, nope, good to go.

Are internal parts between H and SP equivalents interchangeable? If they’re the same, this should be true.

and in a year or two, they can bring back the "old" face plate with the "Vintage" name attached (and raise the price more)...

Are internal parts between H and SP equivalents interchangeable? If they’re the same, this should be true.

Yes, pre ugly version. They apparently changed the main diaphragm to a "better" one. Another member retrofitted the original Halo face plate to his ugly one and reported no issue. I think the original Halo copy of the G250V was ever so slightly better by doing away with the proprietary splined jam nut. In short all parts interchangeable on all variants.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom