Yet Another Jetfin Question, this time, heel straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the bungee idea for fin straps as a back-up plan. I have XS scuba spring straps on my Jets, and bringing a length of bungee and a couple of zip ties as a quick and dirty replacement sounds like a great idea. A detail photo of how you tie and secure the bungee would be great.

Another for springs, makes my life a lot easier.

Another vote for Spring Straps.

Here's an option that won't bankrupt the piggy bank: Piranha - Pin Style

I've put about 500 dives on bungees without a single problem. Save the $40 for air fills.
BTW, I'm not bashing spring straps. I used them for years and liked them until I tried bungees. Bungees are way more comfortable, easy to use and replace in the field and much cheaper, as am I. :)

You have me thinking.... I too have a new sut of jets needing an upgrade. Bungee is self limiting so you don't need to add an internal line to prevent over extemnsion of the spring.

Light weight and easy field repairs are attractive too.

Pete

Generally I'm with the pack, but...I do not like Spring straps. Tried them, don't like 'em. I do not like the pressure on the heel/feet. Yeah, I have Jet fins with about 1500 dives on the original strap and have been diving my twin jets for most applications lately. I've been through 1 set of twin jet straps (no they are not made as well as the original jet fin straps). It may just be me, but I don't like pressure on my heal from straps. I just leave my straps fairly loose. Makes putting them on easy, never lost a fin, straps last longer and I save $.

Generally I'm with the pack, but...I do not like Spring straps. Tried them, don't like 'em. I do not like the pressure on the heel/feet.

Another vote for Spring Straps.

Here's an option that won't bankrupt the piggy bank: Piranha - Pin Style

This type of spring strap with rubber attachment, offers the strenght of a spring, with the comfort of a rubber strap.

Can you show a picture and how you tie them off?
Bungee_strap.jpg

Back
Top Bottom