Question Questions about Jetfins sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel like too many divers go off the size chart like a bible. You have the fins, you have your boots to try on. You can see one boot has a way thicker sole but you expect them to fit the same because that's what the chart said? If they are too tight try other boots or bigger fins. It's not rocket appliances.

Regularly, they’re snug enough to feel and keep the fins in place but not overly tight.

With these new boots if I try to Don the fins with my foot in the boot, the spring hits max extension before I can even get it over my heel. If I put the boots into the fins and then put my feet in, they fit like my wetsuit booties, but slightly more snug (noticeable but not uncomfortable)

3mm wetsuit booties Felt sole (US 10, Euro 43/44, 29cm)
View attachment 829277

5mm rigid sole booties (without 3mm neoprene socked drysuit), sized US 12, Euro 45, 30cm):
View attachment 829278

5mm boots with spring pulled until I hit the max extension cord inside (pic doesn’t really show it well, but this is as far as I can push the boot into the fin with my foot in it before the sides of the sole bind up)
View attachment 829279

Side by side (heels together). According to the sizing charts even upsized to a 45/30cm boot ought to fit into an XL

View attachment 829280
Looks like you need different boots or the next size fins

you want the next size up for size 12. but make sure to get the newer ones because the old XXL size is huge and more appropriate for size 14+. the old XXL is roughly the equivalent of the new 3XL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom