Substituting strap for Deep 6 Eddys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vemura

Contributor
Reaction score
I purchased deep 6 eddy fins S/M. Pocket fits my size 7 booties well but the spring heel straps (at the longest setting) have been too tight against my 5mm booties and been giving me blisters for months of diving. I had emailed Deep 6 to ask if I could purchase longer heel straps from them and they replied that they do not sell spring heel straps stand-alone, and that they had to be requested at the time of purchase.

Are there any other compatible spring heel straps from other brands I could use to replace them? I’m new to heel strap adjustments.

images.jpg

Thanks.

Do you think the spring heel straps by OMS/scubapro/halcyon are compatible with deep 6?
I doubt it, but I don't really know.

I think your fins are too small. The foot should go well into the fin pocket. The back of the pocket sole should come to the point on the foot where the street shoes heel starts. My Eddy's mostly stay on by friction. The spring strap is fairly loose, and easy to slide off my heel when at the boarding ladder. Getting my boot out of the pocket is another matter. Having a lot of pocket around my foot makes fin control easy -- back kicks, helicopter turns, elevated frog kicks -- control is very difficult if one's foot isn't deep in the pocket.

The spring is restricted by an internal cord. Why not install a slightly longer cord to allow the spring to stretch a little more.

I think your fins are too small. The foot should go well into the fin pocket. The back of the pocket sole should come to the point on the foot where the street shoes heel starts. My Eddy's mostly stay on by friction. The spring strap is fairly loose, and easy to slide off my heel when at the boarding ladder. Getting my boot out of the pocket is another matter. Having a lot of pocket around my foot makes fin control easy -- back kicks, helicopter turns, elevated frog kicks -- control is very difficult if one's foot isn't deep in the pocket.
Thanks, yes then I think it is too small and need a size up. Question about the Deep 6 fins (usually S/M) and flippers (larger sizes from L), is there a difference in performance?

Back
Top Bottom