Yet Another Jetfin Question, this time, heel straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krjeffcoat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was doing some equipment checking over the holiday and I noticed some cracks in my rubber Jetfin heel straps. I always keep a spare with me but thought it was time to replace them both.

So, the question is: Invest another $14/pr for rubber straps like I have always used or $50+ for a pair of springs? I've never tried them before and usually don't have any trouble with the rubber straps, but I'd like to hear from someone who has made the change and if they thought it was really worth the money.

Thanks!

Yeah, do it. Every now an then the "other" guys are right. This is one of them. N

Another vote for the springs. I can not tell you how much easier my life has become.

Everyone else is right - get the springs! SO much easier - especially with an occasionally dodgy back like mine. Only downside I've found is they weigh a little more when flying, but I'd leave anything else rather than my springs now.

By all means, get the spring straps. I like the ones from XS Scuba for their mounting hardware.

I used spring straps for a few years until I tried bungees. They are secure, much easier to don and doff your fins than using spring straps and a heck of a lot cheaper. I used to tie them on using a knot, but found that simply looping the bungee and securing it with a cable tie works perfectly. They last a couple hundred dives before needing replacement. Costs about a quarter to replace them. :)
DSCF2972.jpg

Spring straps! I cant speak highly of them enough. Love em.

Springs: just do it.

Back
Top Bottom