Nylon or bungee straps ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Replacement is actually quite easy. Go here Straps and Strap Hardware Archives - Force Fins | Worlds Finest Fins for Swimming, Diving, Bellyboating to get the bungies directly from Force Fin.
I’m looking for an EU source before I leave for trip and a few courses. Ok thing is I don't really need a drysuit on almost all the dives that might go down.

If all else fails; I will swallow the hardship of shipping form the US (but the benfit is buying directly form the maker) and wait for it the long way round :Tardis_wooshing:

Snowman, the reason the straps came loose was the Force Fin was Forcing forward. For the first year, we did not sell Force Fins with straps. Then some folks started to body surf, and when they stopped kicking, the Force Fins were removed by the pounding surf. The bungee was developed for the US Navy Seals, who wanted an adjustable strap due to the changing and quick get-and-go. Thank for your support, Bob EvansView attachment 822500View attachment 822501View attachment 822509

I love the new ones that I bought from you. I had thought about changing out the straps for bungees, but just decided to get new ones. I like that the pros are stiffer and faster.

Snowman, the reason the straps came loose was the Force Fin was Forcing forward. For the first year, we did not sell Force Fins with straps. Then some folks started to body surf, and when they stopped kicking, the Force Fins were removed by the pounding surf. The bungee was developed for the US Navy Seals, who wanted an adjustable strap due to the changing and quick get-and-go. Thank for your support, Bob EvansView attachment 822500View attachment 822501View attachment 822509
This is new info to me, pretty wicked!
When I get new straps I will try them without straps before putting the bungee in.

@Bob Evans I keep telling my friends offline how cool your products are and whenever possible to try them. My knees are eternally thankful.
We should have more appretiation posts for Force fins tbh 💙

I'm amazed to see how so simple a question could generate so much feed back. :D As far as my fins are concerned, I'm compelled to wait until April or May. The diving trip I had in my mind for February just went down the drain... :no:

Anyway, I'll let you know what's my opinion about the nylon straps once I've tested them.

Did a dive with my new excellerators, amazing fins! But the nylon strap was still a bit difficult to get on and off, so I've upgraded to the bungee straps know. I would definitely recommend to go with the bungee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom