wow, looks like an ugly storm in Coz.. webcam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okay here is the real scoop from on the water. dove toay with aquasafari, and got both dives in although we did paradise reef(that is one of the best shallow dives on the island)for the 2nd dive because the swells were really picking up. the port is closed but hoping for good news tommorow. not raining now, but the winds are here for sure. good thoughts for for tommorow so we can all dive.

long range forecast looks good. it is not saying anythign about a long lasting storm. Three years ago we were in Coz for a 5 day wind and rain event. Closed the port several times. This looks much smaller and shorter.

Have been diving all over the world for the past 22 years and thought it was about time to dive Cozumel. Am heading down there a week from Saturday.... what's the water temp?

Am I going to need to bring something as warm as a 3/2? :idk:

Have been diving all over the world for the past 22 years and thought it was about time to dive Cozumel. Am heading down there a week from Saturday.... what's the water temp?

A 3/2 should be perfect. water was 78 and 77f today just windy and rainy.

3/2 full or a 3 shorty. if you get a chill easy go with the full, if you dont get a chill easy a shorty will be just fine.

brrrr..... I used a 5mm with hood last year when we were there in March, water temps 78-80. My husband also used his 5mm suit and was pleased he brought it. Some people on our boat were wearing a 3mm and they got cold by end of second dive. Remember, drift diving you don't kick as much so you can get colder! :D

Used a full 3mil last week with no hood. Worked out great. I had a 75 min dive and wasn't cold at all.

I have only used shortys in Coz and was fine. My wife is very small and she got a chill on the second dive in a shorty. She has been using 3/2 with out issue.

I dive a 3/2 full there year round and it works well for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom