Trip Report Great family trip at Coz Iberostar -- similar kid friendly resorts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eleven hundred DOLLARS per night? Yeesh, that's too rich for my blood. Where I stay on Cozumel I pay less than that per week. :D
Yeah, I showed my kid the price differential and she was like, why don't we just come to Iberostar 3x/year?

Your husband's gas use will definitely improve with time, experience, and learning to let the current do most of the work (and relaxing is also big one). But his use will almost certainly never be as good as yours. Men burn more gas than women as a rule. If you have a significant disparity and you are leaving a lot of gas in your tank, he could always request a larger tank (100 CF or 120's are available through many dive ops. At least one shop offers 117's). My wife has gills so when I'm at 500psi, she's at least double that. But she gets cold faster than I do so we're both ready for the SI at about the same time

He noticed he went down 40 bar after checking out the toadfish and I told him he can't do this here or we would be done at 40 min! By the end of the week I was coming up with 1200psi so it would be nice for us to hit 60 min (which we did in Roatan....). Does your daughter jr diver manage the current just fine? I'm concerned that my kids will find it stressful although I got certified in Cozumel and I didn't know the difference since I had nothing to compare it to.

Our daughter has only two trips, so far, with us under her belt as a diver. On all our dives with her, she had a private DM. We also requested reefs with low current. That's not always a guarantee, and things can change mid dive, but so far she hasn't had to contend with any significant current. Just the gentle moving sidewalk kind that's so pleasant to dive in. On the second trip she was doing swim throughs and had her buoyancy under control. My mask must have been leaking as my vision was all blurry :wink:

Our daughter has only two trips, so far, with us under her belt as a diver. On all our dives with her, she had a private DM. We also requested reefs with low current. That's not always a guarantee, and things can change mid dive, but so far she hasn't had to contend with any significant current. Just the gentle moving sidewalk kind that's so pleasant to dive in. On the second trip she was doing swim throughs and had her buoyancy under control. My mask must have been leaking as my vision was all blurry :wink:
Our daughter was a natural as well. We got her cert'ed at 13 and she dove Cozumel with us on every trip until she grew up and got her own life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom