wow, looks like an ugly storm in Coz.. webcam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
check out the webcam at SCC:

Scuba Club Cozumel Dive Resort - Cozumel, Mexico

yikes, looks like quite a storm. I didn't see if boats went out this morning or not. :shocked2:

I've been diving in the rain in Coz before, but that looks like more than a little rain shower.

I just checked the webcam, and the sidewalks were damp, but not drenched, and there was a boat traveling across the screen... Doesn't look all that bad, really.

It's chilly, overcast with scattered showers, and 10-15 mph west winds. Basically, a crappy above surface day in paradise. But, the port is open and people are diving.:wink:

Looks like the downpour has stopped but still some wave action.

I saw a boat pull in at dock and people got off... it was at noon though, about an hour earlier than they usually pull in. The people getting off the boat were running so it must have still been raining hard. With the boat coming back early, I am guessing that means they didn't go too far, or called the dive early.

Yes, but OS X was my idea.

Isnt the internet cool? I am so glad Al invented it!

Can you get him to work on a little more global warming....NOW!

...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
LATE THURSDAY NIGHT...

A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
LATE THURSDAY NIGHT.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...POTENTIAL FOR SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 5 OR MORE
INCHES.

* TIMING...A MIX OF RAIN AND SNOW DEVELOPING THIS EVENING WILL
BECOME ALL SNOW BETWEEN MIDNIGHT AND 3 AM TONIGHT. SNOW WILL
LIKELY CONTINUE THURSDAY AND THURSDAY NIGHT...ESPECIALLY ACROSS
NORTHEAST MARYLAND.

* TEMPERATURES...LOWS NEAR 30 TONIGHT. HIGHS IN THE LOWER TO MID
30S THURSDAY. LOWS IN THE MID TO UPPER 20S THURSDAY NIGHT.

* WINDS...NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH TONIGHT... INCREASING TO
15 TO 25 MPH THURSDAY WITH GUSTS AROUND 45 MPH LATE THURSDAY
AFTERNOON AND THURSDAY NIGHT.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT
SNOW THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST
FORECASTS.

We're starting to feel it down here in Belize. This am was dead calm then NW winds picked up to at least 20 kt with much higher gusts. One of the windiest days I've ever seen here not involving a hurricane. It's slowed a little this afternoon but they're calling for strong winds tomorrow too.

check out the webcam at SCC:

Scuba Club Cozumel Dive Resort - Cozumel, Mexico

yikes, looks like quite a storm. I didn't see if boats went out this morning or not. :shocked2:

I've been diving in the rain in Coz before, but that looks like more than a little rain shower.

Probably looked worse on the webcam for the simple reason of limited visibility because of the rain - but it wasn't that bad. It's been raining on and off all day - and the wind has now picked up - but it was far from a major storm. Port was closed about an hour or so ago as winds are picking up directly from the north.

This one is supposed to move through very quickly - and things look good for Friday.

Looks like the downpour has stopped but still some wave action.

I saw a boat pull in at dock and people got off... it was at noon though, about an hour earlier than they usually pull in. The people getting off the boat were running so it must have still been raining hard. With the boat coming back early, I am guessing that means they didn't go too far, or called the dive early.

I never understood this... you've just finished scuba diving and you're worried about getting wet from a little rain? It's still in the 70's... maybe it's just my Colorado blood, but raining on me when it's 70+ is not going to cause me to sprint for cover. :idk:

Back
Top Bottom