Worlds Youngest Diver??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was 6 when I made my first dive and my best friend, Stevie, was there too and dove also, and he was a couple of months younger than I. I believe that some of Eugenie Clark and Sylvia Earle's kids were younger then we were.

GUYS LET YOU CHILDREN BREAK THIS RECORD AND I PROMISE YOU THAT EVEN OBAMA WILL VISIT YOU to be barbecued.

THANKS

I am the only one that thinks the end of this is funny? Obama visiting me to be barbecued? I don't like the man, but I do not want to see him BBQ'ed. :) Also, you can be an SSI scuba ranger starting at age 7. Not certified, but they use scuba equipment in pools.

I think it's nice that parents encourage their kids to participate in scuba at a young age ... I just hope it was the child's wish to do so ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I am the only one that thinks the end of this is funny? Obama visiting me to be barbecued? I don't like the man, but I do not want to see him BBQ'ed. :) Also, you can be an SSI scuba ranger starting at age 7. Not certified, but they use scuba equipment in pools.

I think it is YOU who will be barbecued according to the OP not Obongo.....

:(

Nahhhh, I am pretty frisky. Ain't get me on the BBQ. I would have him over for a BBQ just so I could argue with him. Get a few beers in him and you never know what might happen. We might figure out world peace! :) I am joking folks.

you know there was atime in the not so recent past when Obongo would have been the one barbecued :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

Ok I got one for ya..a dive shop I goto, the owner has taken his 3 year old grand daughter down and has photo's hanging on the dive shop walls!
he said she is a natural! I think its cool

alexia_jim.jpg

My son was pool diving as a scuba ranger at 8 and was certified shortly after his 10th birthday. I don't have a problem with kids being certified young under the right circumstances. I DO have a problem with kids and their parents rushing the process to achieve some meaningless milestone.:shakehead:

Classroom/knowledge reviews+5 confined water dives + 4 open water dives over 2 days?

From the PADI website FAQs:
"It’s possible to complete your confined and open water dives in as few as three or four days by completing the classroom portion online via PADI eLearning or home study options offered by your local dive shop or resort."

This boy wasn't even eligible to start the classroom portion until his 10th birthday. There's no way he could complete the course in 2 days without cutting corners. Not a smart thing to do with a 10 year old child.

No one should let a 6 year old or any uncertified diver go underwater and breath off a pony bottle. You can do series injury even in shallow water particularly a young child who does not understand they cannot hold their breath.
If you really did this IMHO you made a huge error in judgment.
Tom

you got kids ?
then you know you can not compare your own kids ot others,
their skils and water feeling can be very different,
I got 5 kids and all of them are very well performing in water

6 yrs:
6 years old scuba diver Christine on Vimeo

12 yrs:
Frederikke Florida 2011 on Vimeo

Back
Top Bottom