Why do you dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Because it carries me to another world.

the K

The solidarity and silence from the real world.

For me it's therapeutic....it's like whatever stressors or problems plaguing me at the surface all seem to become inconsequential upon hitting the water. I tell people that at 40' + down I can only think about two things: "Is my equipment working the way it should?" and "Look at all the pretty fish!" My brain doesn't have the capacity to allow the rest of my mental garbage seep in down there!

I wanted to be an astronaut when I grew up but physical limitations prohibited that dream. Scuba is the closest I can get to being weightless and seeing another world.

For me it's the exploration, seeing things that are hidden to most people.

A

I dive for the chalenge to push my self and my plan as far as I can go. I love the technical process from setup and selecting gear for a dive to the planing down to the last cubic foot of air. then doing the post dive after action. Also, No one can yell at me under water

As most here have said, it is a combination of serenity and being able to see and be part of a world that very few people get to see and enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom