Why do you dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Women

Women love divemaster and instructors.

Most of the female divers I meet also seem to be the very best women I have ever met.

It also affords me the opportunity to lead great groups of people aroung the world on dive vacations.

I dive to get away from the hectic world we live in. Underwater no one can bug you or irritate you. You don't have to worry about that project due next week at work or that nagging homework assignment for your computer science class. The quiet relaxes the body and at least for a little while makes me feel relaxed. Then you get out of the water get off by a crazy driver and are right back where you started; gearing up to get back in the water.

Thank You,
Sean Clarke
Divers Direct & World Watersports

It's being totally immersed in a world full of wonderful sensations and delightful sights that one doesn't find anywhere else on earth.

It's like a dream where you can fly. As if that's not enough you're also exploring a beautifully alien landscape where most of the alien creatures can also fly.

...and bbq's on the beach can't be all bad either.

Howdy

The idea started in the 1960's when I first heard the fable of 4 chinese brothers...one of which could swallow the sea. When he did that all the treasures of the sea were uncovered for all to see. Fold that in with first run shows of Jacques Cousteau and a young boy's imagination takes root.

Fast forward 40 years...the kids are through college, my wife gives me the ultimate kitchen pass...and I realize the dream of seeing the "treasures" first hand. Not gold or pirate swords or even a silver doubloon...I'm fascinated with the lights inside a jellyfish. A barricuda with no glass between us. A flounder escaping nothing in particular.

Mushy...but true

Pook

Diving let's me "taste the Adventure" my day Job is incredible boring, and this is my escape. I love all the gadgets of diving and do really like taking new certification, for no other reason than to learn something new, regardless of whether it's usefull or not.

Diving is really a great sport/hobby...the list does go on:D

Louma:
I am writing an article on this subject for a dive training magazine (translation - no money) and could use a few more good reasons why we divers dive. So if you think you have a good/great reason -- let me know!

Out in the ocean I can see more wildlife in 5 minutes than 5 months at ground level.

Just like some people like to take a stroll through a park or woods and watch the birds and other animals, I like to putter around the reef watching the fishies.

It's also good exercise. My next door neighbor plays tennis most mornings. I go diving most mornings while in Maui.

Back
Top Bottom