What would you do if you saw someone diving a tank marked "For paintball use only"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pure theoretical here, based on the thread about "Do you NEED to be certified to dive"

Let's say you are down at a local shore dive site getting geared up and you glance over at another diver about to splash whom you do not know. You notice they have all the normal gear one would expect and seem reasonably competent, but that their tank has a sticker on it that says "For paintball use only".

Would you feel compelled to say something or "hey, whatever, it's their dive"?
It depends...is the rest of their all normal gear an upgrade from the stuff that you are diving and will it fit you?

Welll, still batting around the idea for applying to a couple of tanks.
Fixed
1711048538834.png

Not my monkey, not my zoo.

I would start blasting, of course. For their own safety. It’s fine once paintball has begun right?

1711116141887.png

And when you surface to a body on the beach, a couple despondent sweaty paramedics, a sheriff's deputy or two, possibly a crying spouse and children and they ask you if you saw anything prior to the dive will you say "you saw the paintball cylinder but minded your own business"?
The correct answer with any law enforcement officer is “I dunno **** and I didn’t see ****.”

The correct answer with any law enforcement officer is “I dunno **** and I didn’t see ****.”
I thought it was "Am I being detained?"

4 words to live by. Nothing else ever needs saying.

I read this title as "if you saw some DRIVING a tank marked for paintball use only"
I was incredibly curious what paintball fields they are playing that allow paintball tanks.
It sounded pretty awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom