What would you do if you saw someone diving a tank marked "For paintball use only"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably mind my own business
Exactly..... Same thing I would do at a paintball match if I saw a tank with a sticker that said "For SCUBA Use Only".

Now if I saw this tank and knew that someone was about to either dive it OR use it for paintball, I'd say something like....... Please don't ever be anywhere near me.......ever.......or please let me know where you will be so that I can make sure to be nowhere near you......ever!

uOfDpPY.jpg

I have little enough confidence for people behind the wheel at any given time -- or, even with a load of scuba gear, for that matter, and would let the chips fall where they may.

No scarier, really, than the kid I saw diving an old 72, off Carmel, with a painted stencil of Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes) furiously holding his breath.

Those paintball tanks at the local shop still require an annual visual inspection and hydros every five years; or so I was told.

I am not much for ratting people out; though it has admittedly become an olympic event in the States . . .

... Would you feel compelled to say something ...?
I would say something, ask about it, quietly, just to learn if he is aware and hasn't simply made a mistake. I have found that it's all about delivery. No need to purposely be an a--! A reasonable person will appreciate your concern. Of course, anyone can take offense at anything, so there's that.

rx7diver

Yeah considering people have died breathing the wrong gas or contaminated gas I would casually say something. The tank might have been picked up by accident.

Probably mind my own business
And when you surface to a body on the beach, a couple despondent sweaty paramedics, a sheriff's deputy or two, possibly a crying spouse and children and they ask you if you saw anything prior to the dive will you say "you saw the paintball cylinder but minded your own business"?

And when you surface to a body on the beach, a couple despondent sweaty paramedics, a sheriff's deputy or two, possibly a crying spouse and children and they ask you if you saw anything prior to the dive will you say "you saw the paintball cylinder but minded your own business"?
Indeed. After “being in charge” for many years, I have learned to submerge quietly and surface at a different part of the beach.

This thread has about inspired me to decorate a few of my bottles for scuba park use this summer.

Maybe find me a decrepit used paintball gun on CL to carry w/ me on those under-the-green-water adventures. Tell folks it's to ward off the perchranah. Some of them little bastards can get mean. A little less-than-lethal force tools are in order...

1711030570493.png
1711030622641.png

Welll, still batting around the idea for applying to a couple of tanks.

1711027128505.png

If it wasn't for the headache getting it filled, I would stick poison and organic peroxide placards on my tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom