Why do Dive Shops Sell Beanies?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer:
For the fashion-conscious fella, the socks simply MUST be argyle, with knee-garters. Definitely.
:hmmm: Is that the way Padi teaches the world to dive...?

DandyDon:
:hmmm: Is that the way Padi teaches the world to dive...?

I wouldn't know. The MDEA manual clearly states that if one's beanie is plaid, then the socks must be argyle. It's not just a good idea: It's the law! :D

DIR beanies must be black, streamlined, and 7' long for safety reasons.

Keep in mind this is only for the primary beanie. The backup beanie is looped around like a necklace for easy doff and don.

Scubapro beanies swivel and are known to fail in extreme temperatures. Genesis beanies only bubble on ascent.

SSI requires competency based beanie river diving. PADI beanies just suck.

NAUI awards beanie divers.

-V

If you have to ask why we wear beanies you have never been to Joe's, aka Falling Rock, in Kentucky. Wear no head gear and you willl probably come back with a bloddy ear. The Kentucky Piranha gills will take a nip at your ears. If it is too warm for a full hood some have been known to wear a beanie for protection.

I almost chose Beanie as an AOW elective -- starting to wish I had :)

I like mine , i only wear it im cooler watae , like when its still to warm for the full hood , but to cold for nothing .

I feel like Rocky the Flying Squirrel when I wear my beanie. I don't wear it much, but it sure feels alot better than a hood. Of course, if it's really cold, then the hood is ok. Just can't hear anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom