Why do Dive Shops Sell Beanies?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheRedHead

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Why any adult person would want to wear a baby bonnet is beyond me?? Tell me what you love and hate about your beanie.

You're not baldheaded, are ya ?????

the K

You talking the "hankerchief" deal or something else.....got a pic?

My wife has tried several different hoods and they feel too constricting for her. It's almost like she becomes clausterphobic in full hoods. Therefore, she tried a beanie and absolutely loves it. For her it provides enough thermal protection for water in the mid to lower 60's without being uncomfortable (i.e., brain freeze).

I have another dive buddy that always wore a full hood and didn't like the tightness around his face and chin. He tried my wife's beanie and loved it. The next day at the quarry he was wearing a beanie.

I personally am cold natured and want all the protection I can get. So I always wear a full hood. I would have asked the same question if I hadn't known people to wear beanies.

Greg

Here's a picture

tilosbeanie.gif

redhatmama:
Why any adult person would want to wear a baby bonnet is beyond me?? Tell me what you love and hate about your beanie.

I can tell you a medical reason why my brother wears his, is that a valid enough reason?

He gets ear infections/pain very easily simply by the exhaled bubbles rushing by his ears creating a pressure difference and drawing water in or upsetting the inner drum. When a normal hood is too warm to wear, he uses a beanie to block off the bubbles from his ears.....so far soo god with no ear problems.

Granted it looks funny, but then again diving is for the sport and not for the looks. He couldn't care less as long as his ears are ok.

devolution365:
Here's a pic: http://www.scubatoys.com/store/wetsuits/pics/tilosbeanie.gif

Look at the photo for awhile.

I love scubatoys website!

good sense of homour those boys have

My wife loves hers, it keeps her hair out of her face. They also add a good bit of warmth without the confinement of a full hood. They are perfect for adding just a little warmth for doing 4 or 5 dives in one day. Try one, you may find you like it.

redhatmama:

I've never associated the beanie with a baby bonnet. It kinda has a Cosmonaut look to it. Let me illustrate:

DIVER:
4th%20dec%20Mo.JPG

COSMONAUT:
image582706x.jpg

See what I mean?:D

Rap

Back
Top Bottom