Which of the following is your preference for side mount, and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This right here ^^^^^^^. This is exactly why I asked what I asked, for multiple people to give me their honest opinions on a couple particular pieces of equipment that was already narrowed down to through research.
I have well over 10 grand in equipment sitting in my garage already. I do not mind spending on gear, what I do not like to do is waste money on something that I end up not liking. This is why I seek out other peoples opinions, hoping for honesty on mistakes that they feel like they made in their purchases so that I and others can avoid that.
Yes, I am well aware that I can dive exactly what my instructor dives, that he likes his gear and that it fits him and meets his needs absolutely perfectly. The problem is that it fits his needs, not mine.
I am looking for a good, solid, starter set up that I can modify by removing or adding to it to fit my exact needs, wants, and fit. Just like lostsheep has done.
I am grateful to each and every one of you that offered up your opinion, just as I asked of you, I hope that one day I will be able to pay it forward as well. Thank you!

One thing to keep in mind is getting custom plates made is a lot easier now than it used to be. Sendcutsend is phenomenal , you just need a .dxf

Have you dived it with AL80 OC?
That is my current configuration. Mexico style is what I am told it is. Of course I also have a Choptima clipped to it. I only have experience with the older nomads, LSs and now the Ray. The Ray has plenty of lift, does not look like a turtle or humpback when inflated and has plenty of lift at the bottom where I tend to need it most thus making it my current preference. When I unclip the Choptima and continue on just OC sidemount, it is streamlined and effortless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom