Why do Dive Shops Sell Beanies?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seriously, it's perfect when you really don't need a full hood but need some additional insulation topside
Rap

rapidiver:
I've never associated the beanie with a baby bonnet. It kinda has a Cosmonaut look to it. Let me illustrate:

DIVER:
4th%20dec%20Mo.JPG

COSMONAUT:
image582706x.jpg

See what I mean?:D

Rap

That's one way of looking at it...

BBON.jpg

I used one for the first time last weekend and it was great. I tried on a full hood and they were too tight, even the larger ones. With the Beanie I was able to loosen it underwater and worked great to keep me warm. I made my second dive w/o the hood and I was getting a chill. So if I don't get one for Christmas I will be buying one before I get in cool water again.

Dang that lady is scary looking

are the perfect headgear with shortie wetsuits...

I think they look, um, somewhat less than businesslike...one of my partners wears one and I try not to walk down to the water with him...

They're also useful for keeping aggressive fish away from your ears.

I know a lot of people who love their dive beanies. More power to 'em. Because of my diplomatic nature and sense of ingrained politeness, I never laugh at them. Well, I try not to. I never make jokes though. Honest!
One thing though, I never realized that they looked like Commie rats in a spaceship. Thanks rap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom