Why do Dive Shops Sell Beanies?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer:
Oh, Dahlingk: You lllook maaaah-velous!! :14: (Looking for the Speedo-head smiley... Hrmm...) :D

:369: or :527: or :egypt: ?

:l:

Years ago, in my first Public Safety Diving Course, I wore my Super Bean. It is yellow on one side, and safety orange on the other.

When he saw me floating out in the water, staged above our search point the instructor said: "Jesus, you look like a *********g Easter Egg!"

My first thought was: "It's hard enough to see ANYTHING in this water, and if I need help, it would be nice if someone could find me!"

My second thought was: "This is coming from a guy who dives in Jeans and a sweatshirt, with the ankles taped with duct tape, and he's criticizing the way I look???"

I started laughing, put the chinstraps up so it then looked yellow striped with orange, and have been happily wearing my beanie ever since. It is very comfortable, and matches my Cressi Frog-foot fins (yellow) as well. So there!! :D

JMdiver:
I can't believe you think a beanie looks funny, have you looked at yourself in a hood.

Yes! I don't look like I'm part of the synchonized swm team. :14:

UTI0786976_1.sized.jpg

I *love* my beanie. It adds warmth without binding-up my neck. It does a good job since people lose a lot of heat out of their heads. My wife also likes hers because it keeps the bubbles out of her ears.

I just wonder why they don't sell 5mil or 7 mil beanies.

redhatmama:
Here's a picture

tilosbeanie.gif

Redhatmama, judging by this picture you posted, if this is you, it is no wonder that you look funny in a beanie! I highly recommend plastic surgery for your nose, electrolysis,.......and a shave! :lol3: :lol3: :59:

Okay, just a spirited razz! Not meant seriously! :10:

LOL, BigJet! I think the puppy is very cute. I wish some of the guys I dive with looked as good. :)

cnctina:
I wear my beanie only when I'm wearing a shorty over a speedo on my Waverunner.
And what color socks...? :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom