Why do Dive Shops Sell Beanies?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheRedHead:
Do you wear a beanie Raisin?

sometimes in my line of work I am required to wear a full face "beanie" :D

I will be taking the AOW (PADI version) soon and my instructor says the beanie cert dive is not yet offered.

What will I do?!!

Shirly, you must wear a hood so you guys won't violate Rule #6.

Rule #6 is always look good (or don't dive with dorks). :lol:

But what is #5 I figure I have to break at least 4 out of 7 or it just isn't me.

But also, If I dive with dorks I will ALWAYS look good.

I have a few rules of my own-

I don't wear beanies! If I need to wear something on my head, I wear a full hood.

I don't wear masks with black skirts without a hood. The "el Bandito" look is just a little too freaky for me. If I don't need a hood, then I wear my clear mask.

I also don't wear shorties- the wetsuit equivalent of a beanie.

Sure one could make use of a beanie for the utilitarian benifit for warmth without that
"I'm being strangled" feeling, that comes with a hood.
But their best use is for retaliation to the "Does my wetsuit make my butt look big?" question. We beanie wearers can fire back "Why of course not Dear...Does my beanie look silly?"....And then go diving in our warm "Dashing" beanies.

I don't know what Rule #5 is. Someone told me x-shorts violate Rule 6. Non-DIR divers probably violate every DIR rule so you are probably covered on 5.

Diving is obviously not a glamoursport. My fins make my feet look big, my 7ml pushes my thighs up around my navel and now the "beanie issue".

This was not in the OW book.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom