Who doesnt like Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just stay out of banjo country and it's a pretty decent place for a dive addict.

I kept hoping someone else would ask. What is banjo country, and what's wrong with it?

Richard.

P.S.: I do not own a banjo or engage in pro-banjo activities. Just curious.

It's more of a lifestyle than an ability to play a particular musical instrument. It's a reference to "country folk" or "rednecks" or you pick your way to describe it. Actually they're not bad people when you get to know them. Not to mention much more mild than what you'd find in TN, GA, or a few other "southern" states.

However, I still maintain anything north of the Florida state line is "the north". Hence residents in TX, GA, SC, TN etc.. they're all northerners if you ask me.

SoCal, So Fine!
. .Of all the technological breakthroughs made in Los Angeles during the Cold War — the laser, the first supersonic jet fighter, the Apollo moon ship, stealth aircraft, the space shuttle, the intercontinental ballistic missile system and much else — the creation of a communications satellite has had the largest and most enduring cultural, social and economic impact. . .

. . .Los Angeles County, the Birthplace of Recreational Scuba: where you can snowboard/ski in Winter Mountain Wilderness; then turn back around to swim, surf & night dive in Kelp Forests at Mainland Beaches; and finally come home to Suburbia with a perfect Mediterranean Climate --all done within either a span of 12 hrs, or a leisurely paced Weekend. . . !
Florida is a nice place to visit . . .but why the hell live there when I've got all the above here (and westward to Big Island Hawaii, Oceania & Indo/SE Asia Coral Triangle for even better tropical Scuba Diving)?!:wink:

Watch the movie Deliverence with Burt Reynolds and Ned Betty. You will get the picture real quick.
I kept hoping someone else would ask. What is banjo country, and what's wrong with it?

Richard.

P.S.: I do not own a banjo or engage in pro-banjo activities. Just curious.

Can't watch deliverance. I dive lake jocasse.

The true south stops at the FL/ GA line. FL is something else entirely.

florida is the furthest north you can go and still be in an Caribbean island . . .

There are pizzas in Columbus, Ohio, where I am from that are the best. Masseys Pizza. It is a thin crust dusted with corn meal. To die for, but you have to eat a lot to fill up. What I have found, when my in-laws come in during the winter from Cleveland, Ohio, we request things like gallons of cider. I don't mind the hole in the walls, but just needs to be good. Oh, almost forgot, the red light runners. Watch out for those. Hate them.

I would suggest that you make a list of what you are looking for before moving, that should help steer you in the correct dirction. Mine looked something like this:

Within 30 mins to the airport
15 min to the YMCA
Ride my bike to work, if possible
Bike Friendly place (I know, I know, not sure there is truly that around here)
Close to stores
Good schools
Active city life (this put me on the east coast)

Good Luck!

what kind of pizza looking for? thin, medium (aka hand-tossed), or pan? there are a few good places, but tend to be the smaller hole in the walls.

i miss really good cider myself --- the jugs cider at whole foods come close...

i also hate the idiots who speed thru the active school zones -- 1 cause it's illegal and gonna end up hitting a kid that way :(
had one cut me off this morning weaving thru traffic and went thru the school zone doing 40-50 easy.

So why does it keep coming up that Florida has rude people? My experience has always been the other way around. In Washington DC area, people are always in a hurry and expect you to be in a rush too. If you ask for directions they will give a quick reply. My experience in Florida was during a few times that I got lost. People took all the time to ensure that I was on the right direction. I was just wondering what do you guys mean when you say rude people?

Even the cops there seemed to be in a relaxed vacation mood.

I have not noticed any particular rudeness in Florida.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom