It is I says Me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isn't she a beauty! XS Scuba Faber Steel HP120 for just under $400 came in the mail while I was away. My replacement ThermiQ arrives this week and now all I need are some weights!

Any tips on buying weights to get the best deal possible?

Attachments

• PXL_20240824_173608948.jpg
    PXL_20240824_173608948.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 24
  • PXL_20240824_175502987.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240824_175502987.MP.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 23
I like this guy on eBay. His weights are good quality and affordable.

Hello Everyone!

My name is Thomas, a former Futures & Options Trader turned Expat. Over a decade later I find myself back in the USA, San Diego to be exact. I had some time off from my active lifestyle due to surgeries; now I'm back in the gym, I have my full Scuba gear set-up and ready to go diving!

I live a retired lifestyle with no wife or children, so anytime anyone wants to go diving let me know! That's not just limited to SD either. I am Permanent Resident of Mexico and the Riveria Maya is like my 2nd home - Costa Maya Reef anyone? The American style of travel says this can be expensive, I learned from Non-Americans that traveling can be very inexpensive.

I am very interested in the Florida Pan handle, not only to Scuba Dive, but to also buy a home. So if anyone from that area wants to be cool human being, get in touch and perhaps I'll fly out there one day sooner than later to go diving and learn the area a little.

In Decemeber 2024 I'm doing AOW & Nitrox for $485+ room upgrade with 4 free nights accommodation while using my miles for a free R/T plane ticket. See? Traveling to Scuba Dive can be cheap! So anyone who wants to take some quick international diving trips I am always up for that. For me, liveaboards are like renting Scuba Gear - I'd rather keep trading & saving my money to buy my own liveaboard one day.

Thanks for reading and be good to yourself!
Hi Thomas, I coordinate dive trips for a small group of divers. Though some of the trips are fairly expensive and some not too bad. Our next trip will be a Liveaboard in the Maldives followed with an optional trip (though everyone is planning on going) to Sri Lanka. ~$4600 Trip without internal airfare USA-MLE and CMB-USA. I used USA because we have folks scattered across the US from East Coast to West Coast, so departure city will differ. If interested, send message casey374 AT YAHOO DOT COM.

Hi Thomas, I coordinate dive trips for a small group of divers. Though some of the trips are fairly expensive and some not too bad. Our next trip will be a Liveaboard in the Maldives followed with an optional trip (though everyone is planning on going) to Sri Lanka. ~$4600 Trip without internal airfare USA-MLE and CMB-USA. I used USA because we have folks scattered across the US from East Coast to West Coast, so departure city will differ. If interested, send message casey374 AT YAHOO DOT COM.
Thank you for thinking of me. Unfortunately, I am definitely too new to diving to be comfortable enough to dive in this scenario. In the future, as in the past, everything I have been and will be doing is to get myself closer to owning Blue Water Cruiser. For that reason alone, I must respectfully decline your invitation.

Thank you. ✌🏽🤿🌊🙏🏽⛵

If only I had the gift of precognition this would work, but yes I figured out how to do that after the fact.
However, that's leaves their "public shaming" comments available for all to see, which isn't fair for a new diver just trying to be social and learn.

Thank you.

Thing is dude they are really only shaming themselves and if you press ignore you lose thread context

Also and for some reason we can just mess up and may have some great stuff to contribute tomorrow

After some traveling I'm coming back in full swing! I just received my double decker Scuba Rig and mocked it up. It holds my two HP120's real nice along with a chair. Eventually, I'll buy a 10x10 pop-up canopy to sit under during my surface intervals, lounging afterwards and of course a cooler filled with non-alcoholic drinks and snacks.

Again, this is what I will be doing at least once a week into the New Year and anyone is welcome to join anytime!

Attachments

• PXL_20240911_222920640.jpg
    PXL_20240911_222920640.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 15
  • PXL_20240911_223040788.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240911_223040788.MP.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20240911_215055131.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240911_215055131.MP.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 14
Tom , where are you now here on the west coast or down south . I am in L.A. so you can go diving for free with me . I will sling my boat in at Redondo Beach or ramp it in at Marina Del Rey . I have a lot to test with a new diver craft and could use your help .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom