Which Suunto?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leisurepro is a pretty reputable site, right? Also, I've heard that since there not authorized dealers they don't have warranties from the actual companies. Do you think this will be a problem. One more question, this is pretty stupid but...the picture of the Vyper on there site doesn't look like anything that I've seen on others. Problem? Sorry guys I just sometimes get uncomfortable ordering from online sites...

Probably just an older picture.

LP is okay... plenty of folks have done lots of business with them, do a quick search on the board and you'll get more info than you ever wanted.

Having a warranty is pretty nice, and the Aeris Atmos 2 does do just about everything the Vyper does...

-Brandon.

fairbanksdiver:
Having a warranty is pretty nice, and the Aeris Atmos 2 does do just about everything the Vyper does.

This has sparked my interest in the Atmost 2 again, it's also cheaper...damn. :D

I tried calling DiveTank to see how much there Vyper was but couldn't seem to get through. Anyone know off the top of there head how much it costs?

Thanks.

Captain CaveMan:
wow i have the gekko and i dont do much night diving and thanks to you i didnt know that the gekko did that i just put a flash light up to mine and it continued to glow for 20min and that holding the light up to it for 3 min. bad *** thanks

No prob. it is a handy computer. If you do a twilight dive just leave it out in the sun before it goes down. It should last through the dive. Just make sure that you leave it somewhere that it doesn't slide off the boat!:14:

Well, I've just decided that I'm not going to order from LP because from what I've read there really bad on returns and take forever to return your product if you send it in. I guess that leaves me with DiveTank or just getting a different computer on ScubaToys.

Edit: Starting to get real off topic here but I was just searching around ScubaToys and...how are the smaller companies? They seem to have a lot of features for a reasonable price. I was checking out Tusa, Oceanic, Mares, and Genesis. What are you're guys' thoughts on them? A quick search seemed that a lot were pretty decent. How do they compare to the Suuntos?

I use a Vyper and love it, but i dont use the download capability as of yet.My father dives with the Gekko and it works as well as mine.The price difference would have me tell you to get the Gekko unless you want download cap.The backlight feature on the Vyper is nice but I think you could shine your flashlight on it and be fine.The download is an extra cost on the Vyper.Ive been told around 120.00 For the cable and software.Try Divesports.com for whatever comp. you decide on.

Divetank Vyper, waterproof case, download cable, extra battery and o ring, plus double manufacturers warranty 438.00 delivered. Bought mine just befor Christmas and I was still delivered in 4 business days! I have always been able to reach them, even on Sunday nights!!!
PAul

i would get it from divetank, bought a lot of equipment there .excellent service.

paulithepin:
Divetank Vyper, waterproof case, download cable, extra battery and o ring, plus double manufacturers warranty 438.00 delivered. Bought mine just befor Christmas and I was still delivered in 4 business days! I have always been able to reach them, even on Sunday nights!!!
PAul

Wow! A case, cable, and backup parts, sounds like I'll be getting it from DiveTank. Still trying to justify paying extra money just for a backlight, downloadable features, and a guage mode though. Still may end up going with the Gekko. What does the guage mode really do?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom