Which drysuit to choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Take one of the suits made in UK.
I recently saw someone with an Otter suit--not popular in the US, so it was a rare sighting. Suit looked good. How are their reputation?

I recently saw someone with an Otter suit--not popular in the US, so it was a rare sighting. Suit looked good. How are their reputation?
Acorrding to some here, a lot better than Seaskin. Have no idea if true.
Note: I suggested UK made suit because of OP's location.

Otter has a good reputation in the UK for strong, well made suits. They’re very popular especially in the BSAC community but elsewhere also.

Santi make great suits that seem to be excellent quality especially in the finish. They also look good; more design in them than other manufacturers.

Otter has a good reputation in the UK for strong, well made suits. They’re very popular especially in the BSAC community but elsewhere also.
The guy I saw wearing it is an independent instructor, and if I understood him correctly he's apparently got a sideline now as a US Otter dealer. Anyway, the OP is in Ireland, so Otter should be widely available.

The guy I saw wearing it is an independent instructor, and if I understood him correctly he's apparently got a sideline now as a US Otter dealer. Anyway, the OP is in Ireland, so Otter should be widely available.

Just browsing and caught my eye - I am in the US and have an Otter Atlantic HD, great suit that hasn't given me any issues. Not common to see them in the US, but I talked to a lot of folks about suits they liked and talked to several manufacturers and ended up settling on Otter. No complaints at all except not crazy about the Si-tech neck ring as my harness sits right on it, but that's not really an Otter issue.

OP also said he doesn't like the Otter suits. in the first post I think.

Anyway, predator and 4th element should also be easily available to him.

Also, the Predator Evolution looks sick if you ask me

I think I have decided on ordering xDeep Seal suit, Demis convinced me on it.
Will update you guys on it once I have it.

I think I have decided on ordering xDeep Seal suit, Demis convinced me on it.
Will update you guys on it once I have it.

Sweet, my buddy convinces me also to start the process of ordering one.
I guess they marketing plan is to give the suits to instructors/brand ambassadors and let them talk up other users to buy. :D

Just not sure about xDeep repair services, not that I expect something to go wrong with it right away but just in case, but sounds like they gonna have service centres across Europe soon enough

Just not sure about xDeep repair services, not that I expect something to go wrong with it right away but just in case, but sounds like they gonna have service centres across Europe soon enough

The dealers should be able to service them and or send them to service to the factory if needed.
Same as the regulators.

At least that's how I'm told

Back
Top Bottom