Question Best HOT weather drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4E argonaut was about the only breathable drysuit that would hold up to more than moderate usage, but they might have got out of the drysuit biz (not seeing products listed on their page for some reason)

if you aren't requiring breathable, look at ursuit. like crushed neoprene is more durable, but i would not want to dive a pinnacle or otter in florida/MX
I had a 2nd gen suit made out of that material. This was after they fixed the issues. Still had issues to the point the suit needed replacing with a regular one. The breathable doesn't breath enough to make any real difference. But it did let salt water get in the fabric and the salt crystals stabbed the suit from inside. If you only dove the suit in fresh water only, might work. Salt water, even with a fresh water rinse, doesn't get the salt out from inside the material. The suit started getting bent. I would come up from a dive and there would be bubbles of air trapped inside the layers of the suit. It was like a mini airbag motorcycle suit had been deployed. The next day the bubbles would be gone.

Florida cave divers deal with heat. I haven't heard anyone say they favor one brand over another because it lasts longer in a hot climate. Other than FL and MX, I'm not sure there are places in the world where it's common to use a drysuit in a hot climate.
In Arizona I dive in a drysuit 11 months out of the year. I try to avoid the summer months, but I've dove our local lake when it's been 110 degrees above the water, and 60 degrees below.

FWIW, I used to dive a DUI FLX Extreme, but it never fit quite right. And then after it "shrunk" too much, I upgraded to a Santi E.Lite+ that I love. It's definitely durable, although it's not necessarily made for warm weather. I've dove it in Arizona heat, but also in Antarctica and the Arctic, and it is much nicer to don that thing in colder climates. 🔥🤣

The 4E Argonaut was actually what I had most recently, and it fell apart quite quickly and dramatically (48 leaks repaired and a zipper replaced not because of zipper malfunction but because the adhesive gluing it on dissolved…all in the first year of use). I’m annoyed because I had a lot of very experienced people recommending it prior. And for the price tag that wasn’t nearly enough usage.

I have two friends who purchased 4E drysuits and both had issues very quickly after putting a few dives on them (mostly due to the zipper and glue delamination). I would probably never purchase a 4E drysuit now based on that and other similar feedback. I mostly dive in FL cave country year-round and absolutely love my Scubaforce Xpedition MTM. I also see a lot of people diving Otter drysuits and love them. My next suit will most likely be an Otter.

Before anyone asks, the suits are stored properly hanging in a dry, cool area of my house….so I don’t think storage is the issue.
Interesting article. What brand of drysuit were you using?
SANTI and DUI are popular here and could work, but I have yet to find one that makes me really happy in terms of overall fit and features, so I’m open to alternatives.
So I'm guessing you didn't go with the trusted notion of experience?
Waterproof had some drysuits that looked interesting on paper, but no one I know here has one so I have no idea if they would have the same problem.
What do you feel when you use that expression: looked interesting on paper?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom