Which drysuit to choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It may have changed and it’s perhaps semantics, but that suit was more likely made in Finland for FE than it was custom made in the UK.
Yeah you might be right, my point was he doesn't have to get a custom made suit from his LDS.

Guys but if you had to choose between Santi and Bare, which should I go for? I understand there plenty other good brands, I just put my eyes on those two and don’t want to look for other.

Guys but if you had to choose between Santi and Bare, which should I go for? I understand there plenty other good brands, I just put my eyes on those two and don’t want to look for other.
I’ve heard good and bad about both.

Welcome to the world of impossible answers :)

The problem here is that there are no statistics about the quality of the suits, so people speak based on their own experience, which is not significant. Because of this reason, everyone will tell you "I've heard good and bad" for almost any brand, or they will just say "I prefer this because of my personal experience"... but what can you conclude from the personal experience of only some people? Nothing, unfortunately.

I would follow a different approach.

First: how do they fit you?
Second: which model do you prefer in terms of buoyancy properties and fabric resistance?
Third: if you need to fix the suit yourself, which one is easier to fix?
Four: if you need to fix the suit and cannot do it yourself, how much time will it take to deliver it, repair it, etc.?

Obviously, the first two points are by far the most important.

I'm looking at this as my new drysuit for the next season.

It's 1800eur with silicone neck and antares rings and MTM.
Also, has a sidemount cut (low profile pockets and high zipper so yo don't compress it using the belt). and it's double shell.

My club leader has one, and compared to his old santi it's much better.

As for Bare, I've been told to steer clear of their drysuits. Santi are good, but overpiced IMHO. (GUE Tax)

Welcome to the world of impossible answers :)

The problem here is that there are no statistics about the quality of the suits, so people speak based on their own experience, which is not significant. Because of this reason, everyone will tell you "I've heard good and bad" for almost any brand, or they will just say "I prefer this because of my personal experience"... but what can you conclude from the personal experience of only some people? Nothing, unfortunately.

I would follow a different approach.

First: how do they fit you?
Second: which model do you prefer in terms of buoyancy properties and fabric resistance?
Third: if you need to fix the suit yourself, which one is easier to fix?
Four: if you need to fix the suit and cannot do it yourself, how much time will it take to deliver it, repair it, etc.?

Obviously, the first two points are by far the most important.

Thank you for this info, you are right.
The only thing is I live in Ireland and will be ordering it from Poland, here most dive centres use OThree, I didn’t quiet liked it, that’s why I decided on Santi or Bare judging by a lot of good reviews (sure there are some bad ones too) I am not doing (yet) cave diving so drysuit won’t be going through tough places but still. I will just order based on my measures and hope it fits well, if not, I can always return it.
Thanks all for your points!

Get the Santi then, thousands of Tec divers can't be wrong lol
Can they?
I didn't even know Bare made a drysuit so they wouldn't have even made my list :D

Haha

thanks Marie, looks like it might come to the coin flip 🤭🤭🤭
I hope it's not like that -- just forked out a small fortune for a new Santi suit -- only three months to wait for delivery as they're that popular!

Thank you for this info, you are right.
The only thing is I live in Ireland and will be ordering it from Poland, here most dive centres use OThree, I didn’t quiet liked it, that’s why I decided on Santi or Bare judging by a lot of good reviews (sure there are some bad ones too) I am not doing (yet) cave diving so drysuit won’t be going through tough places but still. I will just order based on my measures and hope it fits well, if not, I can always return it.
Thanks all for your points!
Take one of the suits made in UK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom