Which drysuit to choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I compared it to a Santi E.lite and it's day an night.
First you get a custom cut, second it's much more durable, and yet lighter. And for the price of santi you can get silicone wrists and neck with glove system.

The pockets are great, you get 3 pockets, two leg pockets and an biceps pocket.
Also, it's a double shell, which is much durable. You have a trilaminate and then a cordura over shell which are not glued toghether so they can move independently.

Also, only suit with trilam socks, which are I guess more durable to neoprene or latex socks.

and the zipper is placed from the shoulder to your arm pit. Which means the belt of your harness is not pressing the zipper and it prolongs it's life.

E Lite is a mid range suit, while the SL-01 is a high end suit IMHO. and they cost the same.

SL is just a lot different suit than any other I've seen. You can see it was mean for using with sidemount/rebreathers.

I haven't dove it, since It's tailored for my instructor, and he's talller and a bit narrower than me. But based on his words, it's a clear win for the Seal. And the Santi I've checked is his also.

I compared it to a Santi E.lite and it's day an night.
First you get a custom cut, second it's much more durable, and yet lighter. And for the price of santi you can get silicone wrists and neck with glove system.

The pockets are great, you get 3 pockets, two leg pockets and an biceps pocket.
Also, it's a double shell, which is much durable. You have a trilaminate and then a cordura over shell which are not glued toghether so they can move independently.

Also, only suit with trilam socks, which are I guess more durable to neoprene or latex socks.

and the zipper is placed from the shoulder to your arm pit. Which means the belt of your harness is not pressing the zipper and it prolongs it's life.

E Lite is a mid range suit, while the SL-01 is a high end suit IMHO. and they cost the same.

SL is just a lot different suit than any other I've seen. You can see it was mean for using with sidemount/rebreathers.

I haven't dove it, since It's tailored for my instructor, and he's talller and a bit narrower than me. But based on his words, it's a clear win for the Seal. And the Santi I've checked is his also.

Sounds great. Wish there was more reviews about it. To be honest this is first time I hear about this brand. And it all sounds great and perhaps better than Santi, but would be nice to hear others who dove in it or had it for some time. When did they start making them?

Have a chat with Demis mate, he's a nice bloke and always happy to help anyone.

Hello there folks,

I need help to decide which drysuit to buy.
Diving most of the time in Ireland (boat diving, wrecks)
Iron gets sharp when it rusts. I would get a tough suit for wreck penetration diving. Cordura would be better than plain trilaminate.

I know that cordura is well suited for sump diving where crawling over rocks on dry land is unavoidable, but I cannot say how well it works in wrecks. I am not a wreck diver. It's better than trilam, though.

This post recommends crossed neoprene.

Sounds great. Wish there was more reviews about it. To be honest this is first time I hear about this brand. And it all sounds great and perhaps better than Santi, but would be nice to hear others who dove in it or had it for some time. When did they start making them?
It's a pretty new suit, and it's a custom made only. So it's pretty limited. The first series was only for testers, sponsored explorers and dealerships.

I suppose it's gonna start popup up more often soon.
But in the end XDeep is not quite advertising it as much.

It's a pretty new suit, and it's a custom made only. So it's pretty limited. The first series was only for testers, sponsored explorers and dealerships.

It all sounds great on paper, I am just afraid it could be just like first Santi eMotion suits before they fixed them with eMotion Plus.
I will talk to Demis and hear what he got to say if he replies.
Thanks all again!!

I hope it's not like that -- just forked out a small fortune for a new Santi suit -- only three months to wait for delivery as they're that popular!
Me, too. Tomorrow it will have been three months from the day the order was placed. No word from my Santi dealer. In view of what's going on over in eastern Europe, I'm thinking another month or more is likely.

Back
Top Bottom