Which drysuit to choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP also said he doesn't like the Otter suits. in the first post I think.

I don't see where he said that anywhere. Nevertheless, I will grant you that it seems (or seemed) the OP had ruled out any suits other than Santi and Bare:

Guys but if you had to choose between Santi and Bare, which should I go for? I understand there plenty other good brands, I just put my eyes on those two and don’t want to look for other.

But lo and behold:

I think I have decided on ordering xDeep Seal suit, Demis convinced me on it.
Will update you guys on it once I have it.

So there we have it. I think.

Santi now have a manufacturer approved dealer in the UK that does repairs, etc. This means that it doesn't need sending back to Poland for repairs. Was one of the reasons I chose to go with them -- which may have been the clincher in the end. Lets hope the dealer gives good service.

The dealers should be able to service them and or send them to service to the factory if needed.
Same as the regulators.

At least that's how I'm told
He lives in Malta.. I live in Ireland. XDeep is Polish

I don't see where he said that anywhere. Nevertheless, I will grant you that it seems (or seemed) the OP had ruled out any suits other than Santi and Bare:

But lo and behold:

So there we have it. I think.
I didn’t know Seal was xDeep, plus it’s made to measure. Plus it’s cheaper than Santi. And sounds like it’s better than eLite+, and I can always fly back home if I need to bring it back for repair or whatever.
I have done like 50 dives, that’s why I created this thread, sorry if some of my posts been confused. So I trust more experienced divers, that’s why Demis convinced me with Seal suit.

If I remember correctly xdeep regs were recalled last year for some reason. No idea where they stand regarding regs since.

If I remember correctly xdeep regs were recalled last year for some reason. No idea where they stand regarding regs since.

I have a set, and are currently on service. It was early this year. And it was a preventive recall, since they noticed that some of the units have premature wear on the diaphragm. There were no failures of regs so far. So they recalled, and will be replacing the bodies and servicing the regs free of charge, and sending a hoodie as a compensation.

Wich incedently came a rought 10 months after I got mine. So early service I guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom