Which drysuit to choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a little late to the party on this thread but wanted to respond since I just purchased a new Trilam and it was a great experience. I went with Leisure Pro because of their awesome return policy. I actually bought 4 XXL drysuits from LP because I wanted the option of checking them out and trying them on on my own time in my home. BTW.....I am 6ft 1" and 250lbs. I was a bit nervous putting out almost $10K to have the 4 suits delivered knowing that I would be choosing only 1 and then returning the other three....... but LP made it all seemless and the refunds came through perfectly on the three that I returned. I was also totally upfront with LP that my intention was to only choose one suit and that I would be returning the other three and possibly all four. They were totally cool with that and appreciated the communication.

I actually bought 3 DUI suits and a Scubapro Evertech.. All trilams. After careful evaluation and inspection of all three...... I ended up keeping the Scubapro. In my opinion it was hands down the superior suit.... Better material, better valves and better seal replacement system...

Your results may vary!

WqznkJ4.jpg

Do Not buy suit with Antares rings! Plethora of posts, of people hating them.

Predator Evolution, the second suit you referenced, has Kubi, which are highly regarded. :thumb:
This is basically misleading. There isn’t an “Antares ring” system. The Antares are the gloves system, and it’s true that people really don’t like them. The rings themselves would be the QCS ovals most likely, which people prefer.

I noticed on the Seal drysuit webpage they mention the Antares as the wrist seals, but I think that must be a mistake?

I stand corrected. :)

This is basically misleading. There isn’t an “Antares ring” system. The Antares are the gloves system, and it’s true that people really don’t like them. The rings themselves would be the QCS ovals most likely, which people prefer.

I noticed on the Seal drysuit webpage they mention the Antares as the wrist seals, but I think that must be a mistake?

I am glad this was brought up. I actually been offered to change the Antares to the Waterproof Ultima. Anyone has an opinion about them?
Thanks

Ultima is better system than Antares. It's hard to mount gloves, but it works fine after that.
Another option is Rolock 90. Works just fine, although initial setting is a bit more complicated than Ultima.

I am glad this was brought up. I actually been offered to change the Antares to the Waterproof Ultima. Anyone has an opinion about them?
Thanks
Does the 1800 euro include dry gloves as standard? If so that definitely sweetens the deal. I would go with the rolock 90s if it’s a choice, but the ultimas are also very good so I’ve heard!

My new Dry suit arrived.

Here are the first impressions.
Can't wait to get it wet. Which will ne in a month or so.

Attachments

• PXL_20220626_095059167.jpg
    PXL_20220626_095059167.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 100
My new Dry suit arrived.

Here are the first impressions.
Can't wait to get it wet. Which will ne in a month or so.

It looks good. A lot of room for warm undergarements would you find interest in arctic diving.

Does the 1800 euro include dry gloves as standard? If so that definitely sweetens the deal. I would go with the rolock 90s if it’s a choice, but the ultimas are also very good so I’ve heard!
Well, well, well...

Soon you'll learn that you'll want
  1. winter gloves
  2. summer gloves
  3. working gloves
  4. no gloves
  5. pink gloves
  6. reserve gloves
  7. and wet gloves
  8. plus all the above as mittens
The same is of course true for hoods and fins, too.

It looks good. A lot of room for warm undergarements would you find interest in arctic diving.
80% is dry suit diving for me. And half of that is sub 15C.

And I sized it to have enough room for 450g undersuit and 150g fleece bottom and top beneath it.

Just found good rock boots. A pair of cheap Decathlon hiking boots with eva insoles and canvas upper. Fit great and have enough room. Also, dirt cheap.

Back
Top Bottom