Which drysuit to choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't seen any crushed neopre suit here in Europe. AFAIK, ony DUI makes them. And I've seen a DUI suit in a shop in San Jose. And that's it.

A pricey one.

Santi is hands down better than Bare and I was a dealer for both.

Santi is better. But get rock boots with socks if you have rough entries.

Apollo make one too, a crushed neo drysuit isn't really tec oriented though IMO.
This is the standard comment, but there isn’t a good reason for it to be honest. It’s mostly based on the historic concept that drysuits were made from uncompressed, thick neoprene. Almost all neoprene drysuits now are compressed so that they exhibit minimal buoyancy changes. A 3 mm neoprene drysuit has many benefits and very little drawbacks, in my opinion.

Probably just not tough enough, one plus is it still gives some warmth if there is a total flood. I still wouldn't want to be doing any serious cave or wreck diving in one.
Which is strange to me. I’ve heard this sometimes. But I’ve also heard neoprene drysuits are much more well suited to wreck diving, because they’re significantly thicker. I’ve never heard of anyone suffering from a cut or tear that results in a full flooding in a neoprene drysuit. In fact, I’ve seen some gnarly neoprene wrist seals where people got their arms pretty soaked but still didn’t suffer from a complete flood. To me it seems trilams are much more susceptible to damage because they’re thinner and more flexible.

It's 1800eur with silicone neck and antares rings and MTM.
Also, has a sidemount cut (low profile pockets and high zipper so yo don't compress it using the belt). and it's double shell.
Do Not buy suit with Antares rings! Plethora of posts, of people hating them.

Predator Evolution, the second suit you referenced, has Kubi, which are highly regarded. :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom