Which drysuit to choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Santi it is. Just one last question. Should I get it with socks , or is it safe enough to order normal boots version? Thanks y’all

Socks or boots. Personal choice.

However it’s nice to separate the sand/mud/muck from the suit; easier to turn inside out; can replace the rock boots when they wear out; even wear wellingtons; air doesn’t migrate either..

Or fit boots.

Santi it is. Just one last question. Should I get it with socks , or is it safe enough to order normal boots version? Thanks y’all

If you order it with socks, and you destroy the sole of the boots, you just need to buy another pair of boots. On the other hand, if you have boots and you damage the sole a bit, chances are to get them leaking and you have to send the suit to a shop to repair it.

The main disadvantage of the socks is that they are not comfortable when you put the suit on (I REALLY hate that moment!), and maybe you can feel the feet too squeezed.

So the question is how likely you are to damage the sole. If you walk a lot on harsh terrains, it's probably a good idea to buy it with socks.

Last suggestion: whatever you choose, try both socks and boots at the shop with plenty of under-socks before you buy anything. The reason to try with a lot of undergarments is that, if you will ever dive in very cold water, you won't have any issue (on the other hand, the suit will be slightly harder to manage for the first 10/20 dives).

He's unlikely to be able to try a Santi suit on in a shop -- or any other quality suit for that matter. They're effectively made to measure from a wide range of sizes and adjusted to fit (includes 3 changes).

You *might* be able to try some socks on at a major dealer's site -- I tried on a couple of pairs of Santi socks at a dive show last week for the suit I ordered when they measured me.

It is imperative that you get measured properly for your drysuit. It's them who take the risk if it's wrong.

He's unlikely to be able to try a Santi suit on in a shop -- or any other quality suit for that matter. They're effectively made to measure from a wide range of sizes and adjusted to fit (includes 3 changes).

You *might* be able to try some socks on at a major dealer's site -- I tried on a couple of pairs of Santi socks at a dive show last week for the suit I ordered when they measured me.

It is imperative that you get measured properly for your drysuit. It's them who take the risk if it's wrong.
Thank you!
As for previous post, should I order socks slightly bigger than actual size? Let’s say not 8 but 8 1/2 or 9? For cold water diving?

Definitely socks for all the reasons the lads have already mentioned. For all those positives the only negative is there's another thing you need to remember to pack, if your that type of person you'd be forgetting crap all the time though lol
Oh and some people say it takes longer to get dressed, I've got velcro rock boots so it's literally takes a few seconds.

Thank you!
As for previous post, should I order socks slightly bigger than actual size? Let’s say not 8 but 8 1/2 or 9? For cold water diving?
Talk with the shop you’re ordering through. When I ordered my DUI, I gave them my usual shoe size and the insulation I would usually be wearing and they figured it from there.

Thank you!
I tried on a pair which were definitely too big; the smaller ones fitted just right.

If you're doing it remotely, I wonder if the dealer could post you a sock to try on. Obviously with socks on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom