Where to put the drysuit inflator hose when diving wet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

super7

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
While I am looking forward to my first tropical drysuit dive this summer, I am a little anxious of overheating. Then, I thought, in case I did get overheated and decided to rent a wetsuit on site, where should I put the drysuit inflator hose?

I'm thinking of just threading it through the left chest D ring, and if it flops around, shove the end under the left shoulder strap.

Any thoughts?

Kaza

I will usually remove the hose and replace the plug in the 1st stage. If not, then I do what you mentioned, and run it beside my inflator hose (with bugies holding it).

I just take it off....if you are that concerned about it...bring the wrench, an allen wrench, and the plug and just take it off.

Other than that I would just loop it under my right shoulder strap on my BC...this is what I usually do when I get in a pool and am too lazy to take the inflator off.....

I use a backplate and wing, and when I don't use the dry suit hose, I just run it down between the wing and the plate. That should be possible with a back-inflate BC, too.

I just zip-tie it to the BC inflater hose. If I'm going on a vacation, just unscrew it and put the plug back in the 1st stage.

I just let mine flop around. You could zip tie it to another hose. I would never bother to remove the hose.

Sorry, but I don't understand why you would leave it on your rig if you are not going to be using it. The hose will be just one more thing to have to curl up and pack in your bag. Less hoses = less hassel.

Go to a mechanics tool supply or hardware store and buy one open end wrench (spanner) and one hexigon (Allen) wrench for each size hose, plug, guage connection and regulator fitting on your rig. You will probably end up with one 13 mm open end wrench, one 14 mm open end wrench and a 3 mm hex wrench. It is not very hard to remove and reattach scuba regulator hoses. Just remember not to tighten them very much when you re-attach them. They seal by an O-ring seal and they only have to be tight enough so they don't move if you hold them with only two fingers and twist.

... I would never bother to remove the hose.
Why not? It's a simple job that takes less than a minute and you won't have an extra hose to worry about.

I leave it on when I am diving Argon, sometimes, just in case of an OOA (out of Argon) emergency.

If it's going to be for more than a dive or two, I'll remove it from the first stage and plug it. But if it's an occasional wetsuit dive, I tuck the hose into my cambands (they stay put because the end of the camband is still velcro'ed down.

That said, if I were diving Argon and wanted my drysuit inflator hose as a back-up, I would route it so it wasn't quite so "permanently" out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom