Where to put the drysuit inflator hose when diving wet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If its CEJN send it over here.

Are drysuit inflator hoses the same as BC inflator hoses? Could you do that in your OOA? Or does hose length make that impossible?

If it's going to be for more than a dive or two, I'll remove it from the first stage and plug it. But if it's an occasional wetsuit dive, I tuck the hose into my cambands (they stay put because the end of the camband is still velcro'ed down.

This is exactly what I do as well. If I know I won't need it for a few dives or more, it comes off. A one-off wetsuit dive, just tuck it into the cam bands.

I CAN pull my BC inflator hose over to my drysuit valve if I have to -- I have done it.

But honestly, I don't find it that big an issue just to route the hose down between the wing and the plate. It stays nicely put, allows me an option, and doesn't even look bad.

For technical dives, I make sure I have enough Argon, but for recreational dives, I'll push the limits on what's in the bottle, and use the other hose if I have to. So far, I've used it once.

For dives where I use an argon bottle, I now leave the dry suit inflator on the left post. In this case, I just route the spare hose under the left shoulder strap. It's accessible, but could be "cleaner".

I know in singles that I can plug my BC hose to my dry suit (found out when I once borrowed singles regs without a dry suit hose, but the exact same length BC hose I use).

For a singles dive in a wetsuit, I don't have any need for the dry suit hose. It either gets removed or tucked into the cam bands.

I CAN pull my BC inflator hose over to my drysuit valve if I have to -- I have done it.

But honestly, I don't find it that big an issue just to route the hose down between the wing and the plate. It stays nicely put, allows me an option, and doesn't even look bad.

For technical dives, I make sure I have enough Argon, but for recreational dives, I'll push the limits on what's in the bottle, and use the other hose if I have to. So far, I've used it once.

If I am only doing a few dives with a wetsuit I won't take it off because I am a lazy person. I either stick it in the cambands (if I am borrowing a BC for whatever reason) or if it is my own BC, there is a little loop of material (I think it is to protect the start of the zipper) I can slide the hose into that is between the plate and the wing. Sometimes I forget though and it just flops around!

I use a couple pieces of inner tube and run it along the spg hose. Never know it's there. And it comes in very handy with the blowgun I have in my pocket for inflating liftbags or old beer bottles to shoot to the surface when I play nuclear submarine and want to launch missiles into the bottom of inconsiderate jet skiers and bass boats using the dive flag for a slalom course.

On the very few occasions I was too rushed / lazy to remove it, I just tied it into a single overhand knot.

Hi Kaza,

As others have said if its just the odd dive when leave it (and secure some way if wanted).

But normally I remove as I've had salt crystals develop and corrosion in the connecter. So now I always remove for an overseas holiday.

Regards

Edward

I'd always remove it of you're doing more than one dive where you don't need it, otherwise run it down with the spg hose and attach it someway, Jim's innertube idea is a good one!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom