Where to put the drysuit inflator hose when diving wet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've tried putting it through the "eye" of the boltsnap on my SPG, but it makes clipping and unclipping too difficult.

The DIR answer is take it off, but sometimes I'm too lazy to be a good DIR diver.

Are drysuit inflator hoses the same as BC inflator hoses? Could you do that in your OOA? Or does hose length make that impossible?

Not all dry suit valves have the same connector as a standard BC, and vice versa. I had that problem recently in a rental rebreather rig.

I rarely dive wet anymore but when I do I just leave the hose on the first stage with the working end tucked into my trim weight pocket of my bcd. I use an Octo-Z (octo and inflator combined) so it's not compatible with that. If I were going on a vacation or something where I would only dive wet then I would take it off and put it in the save-a-dive kit

Thanks, everyone.

As many have said, taking the drysuit inflator hose off is the REAL solution.
But imagining myself forgetting to bring a port plug (or worse, bringing the wrong size!), getting an air leak etc. makes me feel uneasy.

To me, Jim's suggestion seems most versatile. I guess I'll bring some elastic bands and use them incase I decide to dive wet. This will also allow me to use the hose to shoot bags too.

Like many posts on SB, lots of valuable feed back from experienced people. I really appreciate it:)

Kaza

This may not help you, but I put my drysuit inflator hose between my main tank and my pony behind the wing so it is out of the way and doesn't migrate out. Of course I've only used my drysuit once... but I also use that inflator hose if I'm using a BCD with a different connector... or with my tire inflator to fill my vehicle tires!

When using Argon I keep my hoses together with a Velcro strip. I buy them at electronic supply stores. They are used to bundle wires together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom