When diving with an AI computer do you also use a Redundant/backup analog pressure gauge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh, oh, oh, I also have a QD to remove my transmitter.....

see you on the other side.....

Not any more. I bring an SPG and hose along in case of an problem during a trip but I've never seen an issue with my Shearwater transmitter and computers.
This is how I travel as well and it never gets used, though with a Garmin setup.

I carry a few extra spools in my save a dive kit, I have also helped others on several occasions. I carry extra batteries for my computer and for my transmitter
This ^^^^ and a SPG
One each of these in my save a dive kit.

Edit: I dive solo a lot, so backup .

Either SPG or transmitter, never both. Dive plans take into account potential loss of pressure reading.

Let the hating begin...:rofl3:
View attachment 739485
Hi Rob,

What side does this run on, left side with your LP inflator hose or separate, or on the right side. Connected to a chest D ring? Do you have any pictures of what this looks like set up on your gear or in use? What was the motivation or the goals in setting up this way?

We both have a primary and secondary regulator hose and a LP inflater hose. I connect my transmitter directly on the right side and run a SPG hose on the left. You add a hose with both the button gauge and the transmitter. I guess you have an open HP port. So, by my count I have one spool you don't have, otherwise, equal.

AI + spg? Personal choice isn't it?
I dive with two non AI dc and a spg. My choice.
No right or wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom