When diving with an AI computer do you also use a Redundant/backup analog pressure gauge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nah.

I'm a redundancy fetishist, but the SPG stays on the surface in the bag.

OMMOHY

Then again, could just bring back the J-valve concept...

OMMOHY

I bought a reg set that came with a SPG so I left it attached as a backup to my ancient Cobra 1. I'm on vacation and I don't want to miss these dives but it'll probably come off back home. However, my computer is older than my kid who is now able to dive with me so it may stay put.

YES, the magic word is Redundancy.
Lets be honest, you probably have a spg already so use it

Yes have my old SPG so carry that as redundancy, dont use it often just check a few times during the dive to ensure Im getting accurate readings. I do see why people do not bother if you have a reliable AI, but for me doesn't hurt to have a back up

Nope. I use a console computer and if it goes out then I am done until it gets fixed anyway. I should have a reasonable idea what is still in my tank, and as soon as my other regs come back, I should also have a pony tank to switch to if needed. I feel this is adequate mitigation for a gauge / computer failure at depth.

I use the @rsingler setup. It gives me a button gauge and my transmitter on my chest (great signal stability). Great for checks on the boat, and maybe helpful on a failure.

YMMV

Let the hating begin...:rofl3:
20220823_123749.jpg

Back
Top Bottom