When diving with an AI computer do you also use a Redundant/backup analog pressure gauge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rfwoodvt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
A couple dives ago I was getting some sort of interference with my tank transmitter and couldn't maintain connection and effectively had no pressure data for the dive.

These particular dives were shallow, around some docks (<10 feet) and about 35 feet from a sandy shore so I wasn't worried about the lack of pressure data and we finished our work. But it did get me to thinking about running a backup SPG.

So I'd like to know, IF you dive with an AI computer (wireless or otherwise) do you also carry a redundant/backup pressure gauge and What is the logic behind your decision?

Lots of threads on this.
Personal choice.
Some use a button gauge on the reg.
VERY dependent on the kind if transmitter and kind of dive.

I used to, but don’t any more.
Probably going to switch brass and glass and non intergrated one day

Yes always, ironically it saved someone else's dive rather than mine.

Yes, transmitter and button gauge on a splitter at the end of an over the shoulder hose. Usable in dive if required, but gives immediate access for a pressure check on tank switches without having to futz with my computer.

For AI user the spg is an added insurance which non AI diver does not have unless running two spgs which I have never seen.

whatever you decide to do- I suggest you figure out what caused interference
this happened to me when I rigged a redundant cf 30 to the back - fairly certain the added 1st stage next to the transmitter was causing interference
remedied this by re-arranging hosing
Thanks, I already know it was due to some electronic gear we were using around the docks so we have the reason nailed down.

Back
Top Bottom