What to wear...under there

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It really all comes down to personal preference and what makes you feel comfortable in a wetsuit...they are snug and form fitting. I don't care for the feel of normal swimming trunks or boardshorts bunching up, so I prefer the Speedo type of bathing suit. Any bathing suit that is lycra/stretchy/form fitting to your body is less likely to bunch up. However, I don't care for the look of a Speedo, so when I'm topside & not in my wetsuit, I usually have on a pair of boardshorts over it, or a pair of mesh basketball/athletic shorts.

35419-bigthumbnail.jpg
:D

LOL I guess thats one of the best ways to say it polietly.

I wear regular board shorts. More than once my car keys and wallet have accidentally come along for the ride...

Please ignore these fine gentlemen and wear a modest swim trunk that is comfortable and won't bunch up in your nether region . .

cuz some of us ladies don't care for the squirrel look and we definitely don't care for the 'i'm tarzan look at my vine' divers.

:D
whats wrong with my speedo?!?!?!

ScubaPro Hybrid shorts--1mm neoprene. They don't ride up, and the little bit of extra core warmth is nice.

I'm a big fan of Under Armour compression shorts (the longer ones), in black. They don't bunch up, and they're discreet enough (being black) that you can pull off your wetsuit, then slip a regular bathing suit over them, whether on a boat or on the shore.

I find them extremely comfortable under both my 8/7mm suit and my 3mm suit. Having a regular swim suit on under a 7mm sucks (not sure I ever tried it with my 3, but i'm sure it would be even more of a pain).

Back
Top Bottom