Heated vests - Do they actually work ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I don't know your dive profiles, I'll give you a general answer: Usually, you don't want to run heat all the way through the dive. When you begin a dive, you're on-gassing. Heat will help the process - exactly what you want to avoid. That's why I don't turn on the heat until the second part of the dive, when I am ready to start surfacing; unless I am really cold. Heat will then help with off-gassing, which will make deco more effective. That's for deco dives. Look up heat/decompression relationship for more detailed info.

For non-deco dives, I run heat at 20%. Sp
I am in Thailand right now. The water temperature is around 32°C. I guess I should not dive then !
I might understand you don't really want to start your dive with very warm temperature and finish with very cold one but staying warm all your dive, what's the problem ? That's what do hundred of thousend of divers in the tropic...

I am in Thailand right now. The water temperature is around 32°C. I guess I should not dive then !
I might understand you don't really want to start your dive with very warm temperature and finish with very cold one but staying warm all your dive, what's the problem ? That's what do hundred of thousend of divers in the tropic...

The OP inquired about heated undergarments and diving in 7C degree water. My advice was in that context.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom