Info Impact of a drysuit flood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve had a partial flood at a what I’d describe as concerning depth, with 4hrs deco in front of me, and this was off Southern Ireland luckily (foresighted as a possibility) I wear good quality undersuit gear that I know will offer some form of thermal protection if wet, anyway the thermals did as promised and the dive was completed safely, I should stress that every dive I do I always carry a yellow (colour of emergency) bottom sealing 45kg lift bag, in the event I loose all buoyancy and need to winch up it at least makes the job more favourable.
As per original post, Balanced Gear mentality, I don’t dwell on bad things happening but like to think most eventualities are catered for.. (like the small white slate I carry in my notes and the clip that is stitched atop the bag already mentioned which it fits) my thought being “oh emergency eh! I wonder what’s happening?” Being the problem topside….

Safe diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom