What Nitrox computer would you suggest?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My wife has a console with the Vyper, and I have a Genesis hoseless with no nitrox capability, what would you suggest for a computer for myself that would be relatively inexpensive for doing Nitrox dives. We've been Nitrox certified for two years but haven't been on a dive vacation where we've been able to use it. This coming spring we are going to use Nitrox on our trip, so I thought the board could help me out.
Thank you,
Caymaniac :)

caymaniac once bubbled...
My wife has a console with the Vyper, and I have a Genesis hoseless with no nitrox capability, what would you suggest for a computer for myself that would be relatively inexpensive for doing Nitrox dives. We've been Nitrox certified for two years but haven't been on a dive vacation where we've been able to use it. This coming spring we are going to use Nitrox on our trip, so I thought the board could help me out.
Thank you,
Caymaniac :)

Why not another Vyper? Buy the wrist mounted model.

If you both have the same computer, you both have the same profiles...No probllem having to compare to see which computer is telling you to do what when.

I have the wrist-mounted Vyper also, and love it.

Sean

scubasean once bubbled...

Why not another Vyper? Buy the wrist mounted model.

If you both have the same computer, you both have the same profiles...No probllem having to compare to see which computer is telling you to do what when.

I have the wrist-mounted Vyper also, and love it.

Sean

Completely agree with scubasean. The Suunto Vyper is an outstanding rig for what you are going to use if for and why put yourself in a possition of having different profiles? Just get a wrist Vyper. Love mine and many on this board are Suunto fans. $300 at LP.............No Worries!

get a suunto cobra. Similar electronics and display to your partner's viper, but air integrated so it serves as your full guage pack (air pressure, computer, etc.). In fact I think it's almost the same unit as the vyper but in a guage-pack case instead of a wrist-mount case.

I'd used a suunto eon for years and loved it. Fantastic air integrated computer. Rugged and durable, great display of information, totally reliable. Only problem - not nitrox (also not PC-compatible). Upgraded to the cobra after nitrox certification. It's everything you'll need and more. I don't upload my dive data to my PC, but you can with the cobra/vyper.

If you want a wrist-mounted air integrated computer, suunto has the Vytec. I think it's really expensive though...

Vyper...

vytek! Loved mine till it was stolen. Used it with a Cobra. Could not drop the $374 for the transmitter. Saving $ to replace it and for insurance. Although it was my fault for the loss. I still hate the Plaza. And the cattle boats...

Same profiles, same unit, yada yada. Plus it's relatively cheap and has growth potential.

I will have to put in another plug for the vyper. great computer... I love mine...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom