Uwatec Aladin Pro Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Once the battery indicator gets to 50% you can expect it to fail shortly after.
So I am living on the edge?

IMG_20230107_142759.jpg

They definitely stop well before getting to 0, but have lots of life below 50%. I am expecting the sport to die on our next trip (if not before?).

View attachment 762874

They definitely stop well before getting to 0, but have lots of life below 50%. I am expecting the sport to die on our next trip (if not before?).
I have never seen one show that low a percentage but they may very well vary computer to computer.

View attachment 762874

The numerical number(battery %) of my Pro Nitrox is displayed in the area above "27/47" in your photo.
" living on the edge"? No idea. But 27% or even 47% is indeed low.
I have had computer failure twice(power) under water so I am diving with two.

interesting. but set what to 50%?
I'm pretty sure that I used to use it as a gauge/timer while doing my tech and trimix training. I just ignored the deco indications. I don't recall specifics though...was it continually beeping at me? Did I mute it somehow? not sure
If you are talking about the Aladin Pro Nitrox, you can set the Nx %.
But for me it was long time ago, in the last century :)
I was doing Tx and multi-gas dives with printed tables but still, I had this Aladin but no electronic gauge like the round Uwatec.
By setting it at 50%, you could change the computer to a good gauge and just follow your tables.
Otherwise, the computer would lock, and we would have had to remove the computer under water, just before surfacing, and leave it dangling at the end of a line at 5M. Once on board, we were "fishing up" the computer to check if it has cleared the deco calculated for a single gas.
Of course, to do this nowadays, it is stupid and useless as cheap gauge-computers are easy to get...

I have one in a console with a compass, nice spg and hose.. Will sell for $75 shipped if anyone wants to replace the battery. Very nice condition, Aladin pro nitrox,

View attachment 762874

The aladin pro pictured above is now down to 46% after returning from our recent LOB trip. A quick survey of a handful of computers reveals that they seem to consume around 8% battery per year of only 1 dive trip. I assume dives will consume more power than sitting on the shelf.

Is the Aladin pro nitrox worth spending $50 to get the battery replaced? It is a 28 year old computer. Anyone know what What algorithm it uses?

Is the Aladin pro nitrox worth spending $50 to get the battery replaced? It is a 28 year old computer. Anyone know what What algorithm it uses?
I would say yes if doing single gas. It is a reliable computer and worked well for me for a lot of years before upgrading to a Shearwater. The contacts are a lot more reliable than the buttons on many others. If you want to save even more you can change the battery yourself but it is a bit fiddly and yo do need to solder.

Plenty of DIY info in SB.
All you need is a suitable battery with tag and paraffin oil. It is a bit messy but nothing too challenging.
I believe it uses Buhlmann ZHL-16.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom