Tank Checker with Nitrox Analyser Bleed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yoke or DIN?
You can certainly use a first stage that has a SPG and a LPI hose...then plug the analyzer into the LPI hose with a flow restrictor in it. Be sure and have a way to purge the system so you can get the reg off the tank. The simplest is to use a chopstick to press the Schrader valve in the LPI hose after the analyzer is removed.
No, the simplest is to leave the chopsticks at the Chinese restaurant and just leave the analyzer plugged in to the inflator hose after you shut off the tank valve.

If you're using a Divesoft analyzer, get a QD Flow Limiter (Flow limiter for an inflator - divesoft.com - Divesoft.com). That way you can analyze your gas even when you have your regulators attached to the valve. Just put the little flow limiter on the connector hose, and push it into the LP inflator hose. You can check the pressure on your SPG while you're at it. I don't know why Divesoft hides this nifty little item, or why it doesn't just come standard with all of their analyzers.
I guess it depends where you buy it. I include one with every analyzer.

No, the simplest is to leave the chopsticks at the Chinese restaurant and just leave the analyzer plugged in to the inflator hose after you shut off the tank valve.
You have more patience than I do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom