What Most Irritates Female Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Irene:
What annoys me:

People assuming that I am diving just to keep my husband company. Comments like "wow, its nice that you join your husband on dives like this." The truth is that *I* got him into diving!

I have the same issue. :jpshakehe I got my husband into motorcycling--we joke that I wouldn't marry him til he got his license--and I'm the one that talked him into diving and he's the first to admit that if it had not been for me, he probably wouldn't have tried, but now he loves it. And I am the more "experienced" (more dives, more education) diver.

And I always need help with twisted arm staps--I have yet to figure out how to get into my bc without doing that, but my husband is the same way and we help each other out as I would any diver. I like to think it's about the water and not the junk in the trunk but I think the guys who make certain types of comments about women diving are just insecure about themselves.

durian:
I wouldput this on the women's forum but I do not read that and I think it is good for us men to know what bothers you.

No alternative for the P-valve? (Well, doesn't bother me, obviously)

do a search for poster lamont and keyword warhammer. there is a way to find the pic, & he describes how if you read enough. make sure you really really really want to see it...

oh man ...

please don't DO IT!!! for the love of all that is holy!

H2Andy:
oh man ...

please don't DO IT!!! for the love of all that is holy!
I think it has been purged from scubaboard, but should findable with google.

TSandM:
It's an old thread, but what annoys ME is that 90% of dive gear is made for somebody twice my size. Nothing you male divers can do about that, but it does annoy me. Thank goodness for continuous webbing harnesses, but the custom drysuit was painful (k-ching!)

Well, 90% of divers are twice your size. How much gear do you need? :D

JeffG:
I think it has been purged from scubaboard, but should findable with google.

Weird.

I have it.

PM me if you want it. :D

tiggrr:
Weird.

I have it.

PM me if you want it. :D

Something about a massage therapist with a pic of the WM on her PC you've got to love.

dherbman:
Something about a massage therapist with a pic of the WM on her PC you've got to love.

WoW!~ I am just glowing with self-worth now. Thank you soo much. :D :D

No really. I really mean it. :D

Back
Top Bottom