What Most Irritates Female Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm ok with a few off-color jokes most times, but it's a good idea to tread lightly until you get an idea of whether or not everyone wants to participate in it (and remember that some that are uncomfortable may not say so). I don't have virgin ears, but continual cussing is something I don't appreciate. Constant talking about how various women look in bathing suits also gets old. My wife and I had to think seriously about whether or not to continue training with a shop where the manager and owner made a lot of sex jokes, and I later dove with other students from the course that told me they had the same reservations.

In my opinion, divemasters and instructors need to be professional. And I figure other divers that talk constantly about sexual stuff either haven't gotten laid in a long time or think they're being macho somehow.

I realize my comments are a little off topic especially since I'm a guy, but I really wish more people could refrain from cussing and sex talk for the couple hours they're on a boat and save the talk for later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom