what is your favorite accessory/gadget and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cave line.

Effective, inexpensive, flexible. That's the only accessory I have or want.

21w HID

SMB. Keeps me from getting run over.

would have to say a air gauge,not too long ago they were not a must have,starting to like a computer too.

Hands down, my 21W HID light.

But bolt snaps, double enders and cave line come in very handy to attach anything else I want to carry (eg. camera) and to help other people who lost their octo holders or things like that.

TSandM:
Hands down, my 21W HID light.

But bolt snaps, double enders and cave line come in very handy to attach anything else I want to carry (eg. camera) and to help other people who lost their octo holders or things like that.

ditto

O.K., so we've got votes for both duct tape and bolt snaps...

I say you need both. On my first dive using bolt-snaps... I was standing on the waters edge about to dive in Puget Sound for the very first time. As I opened the brand-new-just-out-of-the-bag-last-night-bolt-snap to clip my spg the BUGGER SLICED MY THUMB WIDE OPEN. The slot machined in the body of the snap for the plunger had a big bur on it. I was furrious that after months of anticipation and planning, my big moment was going down the crapper as I stood there bleeding out on Alki Beach. BUT WAIT! I have DUCT TAPE! :D So we mopped up the blood and simultaniously applied some silver insta-bandage. The dive was saved!

-Ben M.

ps - is it wrong that I was actually relieved that I sliced open my thumb instead of my dry-glove? I'm still not sure about that one.

Back
Top Bottom