Question What is one of your favorite pieces of gear, and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rapid Metric

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Sidemeount divers! What is your favorite piece of gear to use or take with you while diving sidemount? It can be a single piece of hardware, a full SM rig, or even something just for good luck.

Shearwater Perdix AI. I love having tank pressures visible on the computer.

The loop of bungee I use to attach a lead brick to my crotch strap. Makes my trim perfect with AL80s.

I love my Scubapro MK19EVO firsts and G260 seconds. They breathe so effortlessly it's actually enjoyable.
I also love the Shearwater AI. I use two, Perdix primary and Teric backup. Just a quick glance to see both tank pressures. Muey Bueno!

Deep6 Eddy fins. Most comfortable pair of fins that I've tried and are stiff enough to give me the mobility that I need in some gnarly places even with size enormous feet.
Like mine as well, but I need to go down a size to match the boots on my current suit. Otherwise its slipstreams for me.

Honestly, I'm pretty chuffed with most of my setup.
Orange Xdeep Wing
Mk19evo/G260
White/Grey Camo Jet Fins
2x LP72 tanks (in black)

I don't really need to purchase anything at the minute, but if I did, my list would be:
Perdix AI + 2 Transmitters (I have the non AI from like 2 or 3 months after they were released)
New drysuit? My old DUI 50/50 still works great, and I've done a fair number of modifications to it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom