Bungee type in cold water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alexander Nygaard

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi.

I got around 20 sidemount dives, so I'm still new to SM.
I'm diving with 2x10 liters steel tanks.

I usually diving in cold water, and with dry gloves and drysuit, I'm not a big fan of the traditional with one loop bungee on each side, but only due to I find it difficult with all the extra layers.

Is there anyone who can come with some other solutions other than the traditional? I'm not a fan of the ring bungee system.
Right now I'm trying something, out where the valve are resting on the bungee, and the bungee is attached to my chest D-Ring. But I liked the regular loop bungee, in the pool and places where I'm not completely covered in gear 😅 is it just keep on trying, or is there a better way of dying it?

I'm open to suggestions 👌🏻😁

Attachments

• Messenger_creation_cc59e39c-6ea6-45f6-8b16-a138f0c364d7.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_cc59e39c-6ea6-45f6-8b16-a138f0c364d7.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 77
I always have a top bungee that’s clipped on during the entire dive. I use loop bungees. But trying to pull them out with dry gloves on can be a challenge. My SM rig came with the rings for the ring bungee system. I left the rings on the loop bungees and just use them as a handle to pull the loop bungee out. I’ve seen others tie a loop into bungee to use as a handle, as well.

Not sure if my answer was what you were looking for, but maybe you’ll get something of value out of it.

I always have a top bungee that’s clipped on during the entire dive. I use loop bungees. But trying to pull them out with dry gloves on can be a challenge. My SM rig came with the rings for the ring bungee system. I left the rings on the loop bungees and just use them as a handle to pull the loop bungee out. I’ve seen others tie a loop into bungee to use as a handle, as well.

Not sure if my answer was what you were looking for, but maybe you’ll get something of value out of it.
Thanks, i can use all kind of information 😁👌🏻

Would it be possible to post a picture, og how it looks like?

Thanks, i can use all kind of information 😁👌🏻

Would it be possible to post a picture, og how it looks like?
My rig is packed away for the winter. It’s simply the loop bungee with metal ring loose on it, in the spot that would be under my arm. I also clip the loop bungee off to my chest D ring. Feels too loosey goosey otherwise.

My rig is packed away for the winter. It’s simply the loop bungee with metal ring loose on it, in the spot that would be under my arm. I also clip the loop bungee off to my chest D ring. Feels too loosey goosey otherwise.
Alright 👌🏻

Thanks for the answer 😁

I use Garry Dallas' Slipknot method for loop bungees, and there's a knack to getting loop bungees on with drygloves and thick liners.
Practise makes perfect.

I have my bungee tied onto my webbing with a small piece of poly that I can move up and down the webbing as needed (Not through a keeper).
See the image with the blue poly. It works well, and is a good guide for finding the bungees, even in drygloves.
I have something similar. But maybe I can try this one out.

I use Garry Dallas' Slipknot method for loop bungees, and there's a knack to getting loop bungees on with drygloves and thick liners.
Practise makes perfect.
Thanks, I will have a look at it!👌🏻

I have a boltsnap on my loop bungees. They are clipped to my waist dring when not in use.
I jump in the water, unhook my top cylinder boltsnap, unclip the bungee and put it over the valve.
Getting out of the water is the reverse.
I don't need to feel around for a bungee if it is clipped where it should be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom