what is your favorite accessory/gadget and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

now, if you died, could that mess up your life insurance?

i worry about all this data.

Where would you put it? Attach it to the inside of your drysuit/x-shorts pockets? To be honest it'd be better if I could get one of these in a wrist-mounted botom-timer format. For $150.

Yeah, it needs software. It comes with a program, but it's very weak. The data is ASCII and very easy to read. I suspect there will be a glut of dive log programs able to read the data in a short time. I'll probably write my own in my spare time during vacation.
Support is very good atm. Make a call and the inventor answers the phone or returns your call in a matter of minutes. I can't see that lasting for long.

catherine96821:
now, if you died, could that mess up your life insurance?

i worry about all this data.

Not if you're hit by a car. :wink:

It logs the same info as a computer, but in greater detail and resolution.

My favorite gadget is my camera, 'cause I like to take photos. They're not good photos, yet, but I'm trying!

SparticleBrane:
Where would you put it? Attach it to the inside of your drysuit/x-shorts pockets? To be honest it'd be better if I could get one of these in a wrist-mounted botom-timer format. For $150.

It's not a computer, it's a dive logger. I clip it off on a D-Ring and forget about it.

Inner tube on my harness straps that I use to secure my line cutter, knife and jon line. The small flashlight on my right shoulder also slips into tubing after being bolted to my d-ring.

I find wetnotes indispensible:

divewriteopen.jpg

And I love having a pouch for my DSMB which is bolted to my backplate and out of the way:

ac2753.jpg

21 W HID. Calling it an accessory is a little misleading, but this is how I justified ordering it to my wife: "just a little accessory this year".

dherbman:
Sensus Ultra because it's new and I'm not bored with the idea of developing my own divelog software yet. I don't have a scooter.

The Senus is a neat toy. I've been thinking about buying one. It comes with the serial interface to your computer and the software. There is nothing else to buy. (unless you don't have a serial port and then you need a USB to serial convertor). It even has MAC software.

One other neat thing about this recorder is how accurate it is in time, depth, and temp. Accurate to something like 1/100th of an increment of what it's measuring.

A good note about the company that makes/sells them, they donated the transfer device to read them to many of the hyperbaric chambers so if you did have an accident, then your dive profile can be easily read when you get there. I thought this donation was a good thing for Reefnet to do for the dive community.

SparticleBrane:
You can, it's called a computer - run it in gauge mode. :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom