DIR- Generic Dry suit accessories most have

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I've actually never seen rock boots here in Norway, everybody has the turbosoles. There's a lot of boat diving here, and for shore diving we would gear up right by the water, so mostly not a lot of trekking on land in the drysuit - don't know if that would change anything. They feel comfy in jetfins. Also, if they wear through you can have them replaced. Never tried the rock boots, but it seems like a hassle.
I was thinking of getting neoprene socks instead of boots. Since It add an extra layer of warmth

I was thinking of ordering the seaskin undergarments. My base layer will be a merino wool pants and shirt. That’s good?
Also pee valve? Sitech apeks light monkey?
Do I need telespic torso and elastic back panel?
I like SS base layer and their undergarments. The base is comfy, the undergarments are warm. Merino is never the wrong answer though.

I use the trigon. Plenty of arguments about which is better here.

Yes, telescopic is a must. Elastic is for the ladies. Not needed for male types

Tinkle Pee valve.
Dry glove system (people have the favorites, I love my Kubi)
replaceable neck/wrist seals.
Made to measure. This is the biggest win I have found

I was thinking of getting neoprene socks instead of boots. Since It add an extra layer of warmth
We regularly dive in 4˚C / 39˚F here. Thin wool socks + thick wool socks inside the turbosole and my feet are nice and toasty all year round.

Yes, I've actually never seen rock boots here in Norway, everybody has the turbosoles. There's a lot of boat diving here, and for shore diving we would gear up right by the water, so mostly not a lot of trekking on land in the drysuit - don't know if that would change anything. They feel comfy in jetfins. Also, if they wear through you can have them replaced. Never tried the rock boots, but it seems like a hassle.
I tried both, it’s easier to dry the suit with socks because you can fully reverse it. It’s not much of a hassle tbh to put boots.

IMHO the big advantage of turbo soles is that you don’t go up one size of fins (with rock boots I use XXL Jet fins and XL with turbo soles)

Turbo soles are basically integrated boots: some people prefer this to neoprenes socks because it may give a bit more flexibility and you go down one size. (Or at least that’s often the argument given)

On the negative side, it’s a bit harder to dry without some kind of tube to direct fan flow.
Hmm, I think you just saved me! I ordered the larger size between the two ranges that have my size. However, the larger size max is a full size larger than my actual shoe size. I sent an email about it and will probably request a change to the smaller size. Thanks!

My argument against a hard boot attached to the dry suit is that it is much more difficult finding leaks in the boot area.

I've dived both and I'll never dive anything I can't turn inside-out again. Also, get a P-valve. There's nothing more glorious than being able to go when you need to.

What is the DIR thinking for turbosoles?
Better ankle mobility for kicks. I thought it was bs for a while and personally don’t like the dui turbosoles. They always leak on me. So for years I used rock boots. When I went to a santi suit I went with their turbosoles and the added ankle mobility really does help

Better ankle mobility for kicks. I thought it was bs for a while and personally don’t like the dui turbosoles. They always leak on me. So for years I used rock boots. When I went to a santi suit I went with their turbosoles and the added ankle mobility really does help
Yea ankle, but also 2 less pieces of gear to forget, no laces.

The Kevlar reinforced turbo soles are a world of difference compared to the single layer ones.

You can certainly turn a Turbosole inside out. Idk where the idea that you can’t is coming from.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom